Sunday, April 27, 2008

The NFL Draft

The 2008 NFL Draft started ysterday and concluded today. The top football players from college are chosen by NFL teams to play at the highest level of competition. Many football fans have different feelings about the draft. Some fans love the draft. Their are fans who will watch almost all of the picks and follow the players closely in the months leading up to the day. Other fans can't stand to watch it. Some think that watching players names get called out for hours and hours can be tiresome and that it takes too long.

I guess I am somewhere in the middle. Ysterday I enjoyed watching almost all of the first round. But after that I agree that it can get boring. The players taken in the first round are usually players that even the average college football fan knows. There are 7 rounds in total and when the middle rounds start to begin is when you cannot watch anymore of this. I like to tune in to watch what players my team will pick but I really can't see how anyone can watch the whole draft over this two day span.

I really think that the draft is a fun sports event and I tune in every year to watch. I also enjoy the talk of the top players who will be taken in the weeks leading up to it. But you just can't watch to much of it because it will get boring even for the die-hard football fan.

No comments: